Join us for a fun day on the grass playing volleyball for a great cause. Old friends, new friends, and all levels are welcome!
Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017
Time: Check-in from 7am-8am; Captains Meeting 8:10am, First Serve 8:30am
Location: Cabrillo Middle School: 2550 Cabrillo Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Format: Reverse Co-ed 4′s (grass)
All teams (except Juniors – Girls) consist of 2 male and 2 female players. Teams may have up to 6 players on the roster. Teams may have more than 2 females, but extra females must be designated as a male before the start of play. Men must hit behind the 10-foot line and are not allowed to block.
For each division, there will be pool play in the morning and playoffs* in the afternoon.
*Teams will be divided into further divisions for playoffs based on morning pool play finishes. All teams will make playoffs.
- Juniors Girls or Juniors Reverse Coed: Players have played in high school leagues or club. (Sub-divisions may be created based on number of teams)
- Friendship: Teams with little or no tournament experience. Players have few or undeveloped skills; may include players who have not recently played or teams that include junior players. No jump serves allowed.
- Intermediate: Equivalent to B/Lower BB level in adult leagues. Players can sideout, serve, pass, set, and spike with a fair degree of consistency.No jump serves allowed.
- Upper: Equivalent to A/Upper BB and higher in adult leagues. Players have advanced level skills to sideout, serve, pass, set, and spike with consistency. Jump serves allowed. Includes previous “Take no prisoners” division.
- $160 per team of 4, $40 each additional player, maximum of 6 players per team.
- $120 per team of 4 juniors, $30 each additional player, maximum of 6 players per team.
All participants will receive a Wipeout Cancer t-shirt and lunch. Prizes to the top 2 teams in each division.
Teams that register by June 30, 2017 will be entered into a random drawing to win four (4) VIP Passes to AVP – San Francisco on July 8th. Winners will be notified by July 2, 2017.
Want to play, but need help fielding a team? Sign up on our free agent list and we’ll help match you up with other players. Free Agent Sign Up
For additional information, contact email@example.com.
- Please make sure you review and sign online waivers prior to Sports Day.
- Tournament format, rules and roster info.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds. Should you no longer be able to attend the event, please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a request for a tax-deductible donation receipt.