Helpful Hints and Tips for a fun Sports Day for Charity
Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017. See below for start times.
Location: Cabrillo Middle School: 2550 Cabrillo Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Lunch is available between 11:00am and 2:30pm. Raffle tickets and Wipeout Cancer merchandise will be available for sale on-site.
Don’t forget to share your photos with us by adding #WipeoutCancer when you post on social media!
- Check-in: Opens at 7am. Bike mechanic will be available at 7am
- Group photos 15 minutes prior to ride start
- Challenge Ride: 7:30am (ride duration: 4 to 6 hours)
- Fitness Ride: 9:00am (ride duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Helmets are required for all cyclists. Please obey local traffic laws
Bike contact: Ryan – email@example.com
Kids Obstacle Course
- Check-in: opens at 8:30am, arrive at least 30 minutes prior to age group
- Group photos at the start of each age group
- 4-6 year olds: 9:30am
- 7-8 year olds: 11:00am
- 9-10 year olds: 1:00pm
- 11-12 year olds: 2:30pm
Kids Obstacle contact: Kelly – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check-in: 7am to 8:00am
- Group photo and announcements: 8:00am
- Captains meeting (mandatory): 8:15am
- First serve: 8:30am
- Please sign the online waiver prior to arrival. Teams who have completed the online waivers may send a team representative to check-in, otherwise the entire team must check-in together. Entire team must be on-site by 8:00am
Volleyball contact: Tiffany – email@example.com
- Check-in: please check-in at the volunteer tent 15 minutes before your scheduled shift
Volunteer contact: Vivian – firstname.lastname@example.org
General Tips and Reminders:
- Bring plenty of sunblock and don’t forget to reapply.
- Bring plenty of liquids to stay hydrated.
- Please consider carpooling to the event as there is limited parking at the school and in the neighborhoods.
- Parking: there is a parking lot located on Cabrillo Ave adjacent to the school and street parking on Cabrillo Ave, Raggio Ave and adjoining streets. Parking is also available at Resurrection Lutheran Church and Church of the Nazarene (both across from the school).
- There will be an unloading/loading zone marked off by the front entrance of Cabrillo Middle School. Please do not leave your vehicles unattended in the loading zone.
- Cabrillo Middle School does not allow alcohol or pets on or around the property.
- There will be a large dumpster near the entrance for trash disposal. Please carry out anything you brought in. Do not leave any trash on the field or blacktop.
- There is no recycling available on-site, please consider taking your recyclables home with you.
- There is very little shade around the field, you may want to bring umbrellas or pop-ups. Tents may be set-up around the perimeter of the field (no tents on or near the black-tops) Please refer to the site map.
- Food and drinks are not available for sale on site.
- Raffle drawings will occur throughout the day with the final drawing for grand prizes drawn at 2pm.
- Wipeout Cancer merchandise will be available for purchase, on-site from 9am – 5pm.
- There will be an open volleyball court for pick-up games and a kids play area!
- New this year: Craft area to make notebooks for kids living with cancer and a cancer awareness activity card for free giveaways.
- There will be a face painter and shave ice – they will accept donations for Wipeout Cancer.
- Stop by our Tribute Wall to see who we all play for and add your tribute!
- We have posted a site map that includes locations of each event.
- Please be mindful that we have three sporting events happening on the same day on the field and surrounding roads and parking lots, with various start- and end- times. Keep an eye out for kids running around (no speeding).
- Have fun!