Join us for a fun day on the grass playing reverse co-ed quads volleyball for a great cause. Old friends, new friends, and all levels are welcome!
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2015
Time: Check-in from 7am-8am; Captains Meeting 8:10am, First Serve, 8:30am
Location: San Jose State University – Spartan Stadium, East Field (S 10th St and E Alma Ave)
Format: Reverse Co-ed 4′s (grass)
All teams consist of 2 male and 2 female players. Teams may have up to 6 players on the roster. Teams may have 1 male and 3 females, but 1 female must be designated as a male before the start of play. Men must hit behind the 10-foot line and are not allowed to block.
For each division, there will be pool play in the morning and playoffs* in the afternoon.
- Junior Girls Quads: Players have played in girls high school leagues or club. (Sub-divisions may be created based on number of teams)
- Friendship: Teams with little or no tournament experience. Players have few or undeveloped skills; may include players who have not recently played or teams that include junior players. No jump serves allowed.
- Silver: Equivalent to BB level in adult leagues. Players can sideout, serve, pass, set, and spike with a fair degree of consistency. No jump serves allowed.
- Gold: Equivalent to A and higher in adult leagues. Players have advanced level skills to sideout, serve, pass, set, and spike with consistency. Jump serves allowed. Includes previous “Take no prisoners” division.
*Teams will be divided into further divisions for playoffs based on morning pool play finishes. All teams will make playoffs.
- $170 per team of 4, $40 each additional player, maximum of 6 players per team.
- $120 per team of 4 junior girls, $30 each additional player, maximum of 6 players per team.
All participants will receive a Wipeout Cancer t-shirt and lunch. Prizes to the top 2 teams in each division.
Want to play, but need help fielding a team? Sign up on our free agent list and we’ll help match you up with other players. Free Agent Sign Up
For additional information, contact email@example.com.